There are diverse uses of air compressors in industrial settings and at home. From pumping up cycle and spray painting your car to professional usage in the industry like using compressed air in food packaging, there are several uses of air compressors. Gas and electric compressors are mostly used in industry while at home air compressors with pistons are helpful.
Several air compressors are available in the market with different styles and specifications.
Best Air Compressors of 2017
California Air Tools CAT- 6310
- Electric-powered system
- Oil-free pump and thus is cost-effective with low maintenance
- It has a quiet design which produces noise of only 60 decibels
- Can function in uneven terrain and at different temperature
- It has a powerful 1.0 HP motor and RPM of 1680.
- It has a spacious 3-gallon steel tank and can store quite much air
- It comes with extra water traps to remove excess water from the air
- Dual piston pump system.
- Easy to move around
- Don’t produce noise
- Oil free
- Produces bad smell when used
- High refill time
Makita Big Bore MAC2400 2.5 HP Air Compressors
- Electrically powered system
- Durable because of big bore iron cast cylinder pump and piston
- It has increased air intake and is extremely efficient because of the automotive style filter files
- Oil-lubricated pump which prevents from wear and tear
- It has a large automotive style industrial air filter which increases its efficiency by increasing air intake.
- Useful for both handyman and in small workshop
- Not much
- Limited usage, can’t handle some tasks
Senco PC1010 Air Compressor
- This electrically powered air compressor is helpful for doing small home jobs and renovation
- With 73 decibels, it is extremely quiet to use
- Its tank has a capacity of one-gallon air
- It has a lube-free pump, and this make it easy to use
- At peak, it can deliver one horsepower while it can deliver 1/2 horsepower consistently
- Comes with an aluminum cylinder promising durability.
- Low-quality body prone to wear and tear over time
California Air Tools CAT-10020 Ultra Quiet and Oil-Free
- It is a heavy duty air compressor different from CAT-6310
- It has a strong 2 HP motor.
- It comes with a huge steel tank having a capacity of 10 gallons which fills up in just 130 seconds.
- Ultra Quiet with only 70 Decibels
- It’s an oil-free pump and thus cost effective and demands low maintenance.
- Wheels make it easily portable.
- High power compressor
- Fast refill
- Very heavy and bulky so difficult to move around
- Storage issues as it’s very tall
- It’s an oil-free, electricity based compressor whose motor draws 12 amps and requires low to almost no maintenance
- It doesn’t produce much noise, is pretty quiet as it comes with only 71.5 decibels, hence won’t disturb neighbors when used.
- The tank in it comes with a capacity of 2.5 gallons, with maximum of 200 PSI
- It is thin and small in size, thus can be adjusted anywhere
- Quick recovery time
- It has a ball drain valve for speedy drainage
- It is quite underpowered, hence not suitable for several heavy duty jobs
- Overheat frequently
There is a wide variety of air compressors available in different styles, sizes, shapes and designs besides their specific features like tank capacity, power and discharge pressure. Chose the one that suits your demands; you want a heavy duty compressor for your industrial unit whereas a small compressor for regular house jobs. Also, consider the type of fuel and efficiency it promises.